[pology] [RFE] Improve "Different number of translator names and email addresses." signaling

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Sat Jan 21 04:04:41 PST 2012

> [: mvillarino :]
> When check-tp-kde finds a translator credit message with non-matching
> number of translators and e-mails, and if the sieve is asked to open file
> in lokalize, only the message with e-mails shows in the cats window,
> despite the mistake can be in the message with translators names.

I've thought about this, but I would rather not "fix it" by also showing the
other message.

This is just an instance of a more fundamental problem with the current way
of opening catalogs/messages in Lokalize through Pology sieves: the
translator is left without the positional context of reported messages,
since all other messages are filtered out. This means that translator might
"fix" something only to actually break it, because he couldn't see the
previous or the following messages which justify the original state. Or, as
in this case, that translator cannot check something else in that PO file of
importance. What should ideally happen is that all messages are shown, but
that those reported are "bookmarked" in some way. Then the translator could
jump through reported messages, while keeping anything else of importance in
view.

Lokalize actually has the bookmarking capability at least since KDE 4.6. I
would very much like to make use of this instead of filtering, but it seems
unavailable through D-Bus interface. Could it be added? (Also, it seems to
me there are no default shortcuts for jumping through bookmarked messages,
maybe these too should be added.)

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)