[pology] Is the Google translation backend broken?

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Tue Mar 13 01:50:59 PDT 2012

> [: Petter Reinholdtsen :]
> Is the Google translation backend for pomtrans broken? I tested it, and
> got no translated text. Perhaps the changes to the API access terms broke
> it?

As far as I understood, Google terminated the API access to translation
service altogether, in November or so. (Because they judged it is too
abused, there was a big ruckus when they announced this decision mid-last
year.)

I didn't remove Google as option so far, in case they had a change of
hearts, or offered some sort of subscription access. But it seems I should
remove it soon.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)