[pology] check-rules findings reported on a per-rule basis

mvillarino mvillarino at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 01:24:40 PST 2013

Good morning,

The command posieve.py check-rules reports it's finding on a
file-first basis; the results are ordered by file and rule, grouping
first by file:
file1-rule1 file1-rule2 file2-rule1 file2rule2 and so on.
I'm triynd to do it the other  way, that is getting the results on a
rule-first basis:
rule1-file1 rule1-file2 ... ruleN-fileO, ruleNfileP....
The reason is that I shall commit to a control version repository
(kde's) and I find it easier to revise/review this way.

I found no clue in documentation about any option that allows to do
this, so I'm doing it with a little shell:
for rule in `grep "^id="
../l10n-support/pology/lang/gl/rules/[ck]*.rules | cut -d "\"" -f 2
-`;
do
  posieve.py check-rules ../../branches/stable/l10n-kde4/gl/messages/
-srule:"${rule}" >> output2;
done

but... it is atrocious slow; it take some 30 minutes per rule in my
system (ETC 9-10 days !!!), while applying all the rules per file
takes some 30 minutes to get all of the results.

So...., Is there any other   better (faster) way to do this???  Maybe
reordering the results? How to do it?

Thanks in advance.