[pology] First Pology release imminent

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Sun Nov 20 06:03:25 PST 2011

Hi,

I've been slowly gearing up to actually release Pology as a normal,
installable package. The only remaining thing to do is to write one CSS
sheet, for the simplistic web page which will be located at
http://pology.nedohodnik.net (currently redirects to user manual). If you
would like to get something into Pology before this release, please say.

I plan a simple release policy for the time being. Major release number will
be 0 for the indefinite future, because I'm still considering changing some
core library interfaces. Minor releases (0.X) will come out each few months,
depending on the amount of changes. They will be released from the trunk
(where Pology code is now). There will also be a 0.X branch made per release
(e.g. in /branches/pology/0.X), but this branch will be used only for
serious bug fixes; a bugfix release (0.X.Y) may come at any time.

This first release I will name 0.10, rather than 0.0; because Pology is
already mature enough to be .0, and .10 is a nice round number.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)