[pology] Extrange behaviour with validation subdirectives

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Wed Nov 16 14:15:26 PST 2011

> [: mvillarino :]
> Short version: It seems that the semantics of the validations
> subdirectives "after", "before", "not after", and "not before" depend upon
> wich part of the message (source or target) acts as trigger.

It depends in the sense that these subdirectives look into that part of the
message that acted as the trigger. I.e. if the trigger was [...] then they
act on msgstr, and if trigger was {...} they act on msgid.

Other than that, I can't see a problem from your examples; or more
precisely, I find them strange. E.g. this rule:

  [\bactiv]i
  valid !after="idade"

reads "when the message contains a word starting with 'activ', pass it if
'activ' is not after 'idade'." That is, pass anything except 'idadeactiv'
(which is also self-contradictory, since the trigger matched at word
boundary). Perhaps the intention was (Google tells me 'actividade' is a
noun):

  [\bactiv]i
  valid before="idade"
  valid msgid="\benable"

which reads "when the message contains a word starting with 'activ', pass it
if 'activ' is before 'idade'." That is, ignore the noun, proceed only if it
was the verb (and then require 'enable' as inverse translation).

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)