[pology] Improvement for fancy-quotes

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Thu Aug 30 03:29:18 PDT 2012

> [: Javier Viñal :]
> I have found that fancy-quotes change apostrophes in some English
> contractions [...] to avoid this changes, i.e. with the regexp:

Fancy quoting exceptions are coded directly (in sieve/fancy_quote.py) rather
than handled with regular expressions. So I've now added an exception as
"ignore a quote if tightly between two letters".

> [...] not translated into Spanish (or any other language) [...]

That's one big guess :) Therefore I used a broader definition as above,
rather than constraining specifically to English uses.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)