[pology] Problems with check-spell and local wordlist

Javier Viñal fjvinal at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 06:46:55 PST 2012

On Lunes, 20 de febrero de 2012 15:19:05 Chusslove Illich escribió:
> > [: Claus Christensen :]
> >
> >   posieve: [error] cantor.po:header: Sieving failed: Cannot initialize
> >   Aspell: ... Can't create speller object
> >
> > What am I doing wrong?
>
> I've tried doing the same, checking a Danish PO file with a local word
list
> in lang/da/spell/, and it works for me. I can only assume there is
something
> problematic with your word list that normalize-aspell-word-list does
not
> catch. Maybe you could attach that word list, so that I can try with it
> too?
	As far I can remember, in Spanish the problem occurs when some
word contains greek characters like 'µ' and others (like cyrilic ones).
Some of them are used very often in scientific contexts, and are valid
unicode alphabetic characters, so the pology filter let them passing.
When some of this character is present, aspell fails to work.