[pology] pomtrans unable to handle Norwegian .pot file?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Tue Mar 13 03:32:45 PDT 2012

[Chusslove Illich]
> I've probed around, and found some bugs in pomtrans, but also some
> weird behavior from Apertium. To cut the story short, replace
> pomtrans.py and fsops.py with those attached (in the source tree, then
> reinstall), and try it out.

With this change in place, I get an error reporting that the nb-nn
combination isn't supported, which is a long step forward from
earlier. :)

I guess I need some packages missing in Debian/Squeeze. :(

> *But*, don't try it with complete itil.nn.po, as then Apertium just
> hangs. It works when I split it into two roughly equal halves
> (preserving the header in the second half) and then running pomtrans
> on each separately.

How strange.  I hope you or someone else understanding what is going on
can bug report it to the right place.

Btw, do you know of any other free software machine translation tools
for .po files?  Is apertium the only useful free software MT tool
available?
--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen