[pology] Bug Report: Building in Cygwin on a networked path

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Tue Jan 22 03:30:37 PST 2013

> [: Alexander Gieg :]
> My guess is the problem is network related. I've seen warnings about
> timeouts on accessing resources from http://www.oasis-open.org such as,
> e.g., http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/dbhierx.mod, so my
> office's firewall must be adding some extreme latencies when accessing
> those URLs, or even outright denying access to them, thus causing the
> building to hold out for several timeouts.

It should only go to network if the Docbook DTDs are not available locally
(or not properly configured). I have no idea how this works in detail, only
that it works when I install the proper package (docbook-xml on Debian).

> [...] I'm not much used to "make" (and even less so to "cmake"), so I
> didn't find an easy way to tell it to build and install everything except
> for the docbooks. Is there a set of command to use to achieve this?

Indeed there is no direct option to skip building Docbook documenation, but
it can be indirectly forced by setting e.g. DOCBOOK_XSL_DIR to a non-
existing path:

  $ cmake . -DDOCBOOK_XSL_DIR=foo
  -- WARNING:
      Docbook documentation (e.g. the Pology user manual) will not be built
      because the following dependencies are missing or too old:
  -- Generating done
  -- Build files have been written to: ...
  $

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)