[pology] Bug Report: Building in Cygwin on a networked path

Alexander Gieg alexgieg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 04:22:31 PST 2013

Dear Mr. Illich,

Ah, I should have figured I was overlooking something simple! Cygwin splits
what (I assume) is a single "docbook-xml" package on Linux distributions
into several smaller packages which can be installed separately. I had the
"docbook-xsl" one installed, which apparently was enough to make cmake
happy about having found everything, but not the "docbook-xml45" one, which
being absent caused the build to look for the online resources and thus
slow down to a crawl. After installing the "docbook-xml45" package, a new
attempt at building pogology from scratch took just under 2 minutes. :)

So, please let me change my suggestion: if possible, please add a cmake
check for the specific v4.5 XML files so that Cygwin users (and maybe
others) receive a warning when those are missing.

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Alexander Gieg